Pages

January 5, 2012

Annual Zoo Trip

This appears to be a new tradition, for my high school friends to gather at the Oakland Zoo the Friday before New Years - along with their kids.  We started this last year (here's the evidence), this year Heather, Irene and I brought all the kids together (4 kids total).  Thankfully the rain held off.

L-R: Drew, Nikos (4 1/2), Olive (2 1/2)

L-R: Olive, Nikos, Drew


L-R: Nikos, Drew, Olive

Despite the lack of pictures, Irene did have her nearly 2 year old son there as well.  I apparently never snapped any pictures and at dinner later that night, Heather confessed she didn't either.  Some friends we are! Ha!

Only mishap of the day was when Drew and Niko ran off together near the children's play area, and Nikos stopped, but Drew apparently kept going.  He and all the kids in the play area were wearing brown jackets so it was tough to find him.  He turned up with one of the park rangers while I was off looking for him - MIA maybe 2-3 minutes. 

I think he learned his lesson about why I tell him to stay where I can see him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment