Pages

December 9, 2011

I Don't Want to be Handsome, I Want to be Awesome

So the battle on the way to school today was why Drew doesn't want to be handsome everyday, instead he wants to look awesome.  Daddy put him in a Dodger's ball cap, and that apparently turns you from handsome to awesome... cause of course the two can't go hand in hand in the mind of a four year old.

So as we started another battle down the stairs at school about why Drew should wear his jacket outside in the 30-degree temps... we get inside school with a grouchy Mom and child.  Then his teachers said a few things that shocked and impressed me, turning the morning around.

First of all we all got a chuckle out of Drew's use of large words about how he's feeling.  They were talking about how he yells out when he gets time outs or other things don't go his way... "I'm so Frustrated" (you must imagine the most pissed off face you can imagine as Drew is yelling this at you).  I had one or two of those calls this morning myself...

Then, they announced Drew knows how to spell my first name - I was thinking they meant M-O-M - but they clarified it was Brenda.  He showed off for me.  I then asked if he knew how to spell daddy's name... D-A-V-I dunno.  We gave him credit for the silent "E".

The raving about Drew kept on when the Preschool Director (who we don't usually see at school) mentioned how she was doing Insect Flashcards last week - since they were working on "I" and most kids think bugs are cool, but they're not familiar with them.  Except Drew started shouting out what they were when she was certain most kids would have no idea.  She asked how he knew - and he proudly told her I'm reading the bottom.

There were more anecdotes, but I think you get the picture.  Needless to say I changed my attitude this morning.

And since Drew wouldn't let me take a picture of his "awesome" self this morning, here's a goofy picture I took about two weeks ago.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get around to reading these more often. They are hilarious! Good j-o-b on the reading Drew!

    ReplyDelete