Pages

April 21, 2014

A Golden Run

Last month I did one of the coolest, most scenic runs of my racing career.  The 12K Across the Bay.

So according to the race sponsors - my neighbor Julie and I were 2 of 2,500 other racers who ran the 12K (nearly 7 1/2 miles) from Sausalito to Aquatic Park in San Francisco (where you catch the Cable Cars near Ghiradelli Square).

Julie and I waiting for the shuttle to take us from SF to Sausalito.



Our view from the starting line... Looking out near Sausalito.


Then we were off - about a mile in we had spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge - which was socked with fog.




Our selfie attempt near the base of the bridge... before the brutal hill.


The bridge from atop the brutal hill.


A foggy look at the bridge...


What you see when you look over the ledge... (you could hear a barge horn blaring underneath me... you just can't see it - or the water).


Coming down the hill after the bridge - through the Presidio.


From the Presidio looking out toward SF.  There is a dome in the center left - that's the Palace of Fine Arts.


The Palace of Fine Arts up close.  This was about mile 6.


Alcatraz in the distance and fog.


Only 1/2 a mile left!


Looking back toward the bridge and how far we've come!


A better glimpse of Alcatraz.


We finished!  A glimpse of Ghiradelli Square.


The athletes Me - Julie.


I thought this was an amazing run - yes the hills were brutal, but with better training this run could be an annual tradition!  I love runs with a view - and this one lived up to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment