Pages

January 18, 2013

Reliving My College Days

At the end of December it was a bit like re-living my college days when Dave and I went to the Hunger Bowl game at AT&T Park where my Alma Mater ASU played Navy.  One thing I learned from this experience... I can't hang like I did in my "youth".

After getting of BART/Muni, we tried to find the ASU hangout, and we ended up at MoMo's across the street from the park.  There I proceeded to slam about 3 beers before going into the stadium (mind you Dave also had 3 beers).  We also met up with my college friend Mark who was also going to the game.  It was awesome being in the sea of Maroon and Gold at the bar.  Oh and boy was it packed with Sun Devils!


Our seats were awesome!   We paid for middle of the road seats - not the cheapest, and not the most expensive.  It worked out since there was an ever so slight chance of rain, that we would've been covered.


And then it was time for some Football! 

Sparky our mascot was ready for the action.... and there was plenty of it by ASU, not so much from Navy.  The Devils took the ball to the end zone on their first two drives (I know it was their first drive, and I think it was their 2nd drive as well - I'm too lazy to double check my facts).


Facebook is a great thing... I found out one of Dave's friends from the Santa Rosa area (where he went to college) was also at the game with her Dad.  During halftime we ran into Nicole while walking around trying to stay warm.

Afterward we replenished our drinks and settled back into our seats to watch the rest of the game.


And yet another touchdown!!


Needless to say Sparky did a ton of push-ups that day.  He does one for every point we get when ASU scores.   The final was ASU 62, Navy 28.

 My friend Mark joined us for the end of the game, and then we headed toward the field for the trophy presentations and fanfare.

Yep, I'm wearing gloves in San Francisco... it was quite cold!


Of course Dave wanted to have a picture of himself for the Sun Devil post-game festivities.  He's a wanna be Devil.

Afterward we left the park and Mark caught Muni, and Dave and I had this "brilliant" idea to grab another beer before going back and fighting the crowds. 


While it looks good in our final picture, it ended up not so good rather quickly.  It turns out I "forgot" to drink water all day and had beer instead.  Luckily I did eat some football foods at the game, but on the BART ride home I almost hand an "incident" where I'd have been quite embarrassed.  And I left my "mark" at the parking garage.

I was in bed that night by 8pm.  Um, yeah I can't hang out like I did in my college days....

No comments:

Post a Comment